Independent: Fellowship Bible Baptist Church is not a member of any ecclesiastical organizations (e.g., Baptist Bible Fellowship, Southern Baptist, General Association of Regular Baptist Churches), but is wholly independent.
Fundamental: Fellowship Bible Baptist Church maintains that there are certain essential truths which should be believed and defended by all Christians:
- The Scriptures: We believe that the Bible was written by men who were moved by the Holy Spirit (2 Peter 1:21) and inspired by God (2 Timothy 3:16). This
inspiration was verbal (1 Corinthians 2:9-13) and plenary (complete) (2 Timothy 3:16-17) and extends to the original writings. It is the true center of Christian union and the supreme standard by which all human conduct, creeds and
opinions should be tried.
- God the Father: We believe that God the Father is the first person of the
Trinity and is the eternal, unchanging, all-powerful, all-knowing, all-wise, all-
loving, completely just and perfectly holy, sovereign Ruler and Sustainer of the universe (Genesis 1:1; Ephesians 4:6; Isaiah 6:1-3, 40:21-28 & 43:10-13). He is the Father of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and the Father of all true believers (John 17:1-5).
- God the Son: We believe that Jesus Christ is fully God. He asserts oneness with the Father (John 10:10) and is called God (Hebrews 1:8). We believe He has the characteristics of God (John. 8:58; Matthew 28:18) and is of the same substance as the Father (Colossians 2:9), therefore, He is God.
- God the Holy Spirit: We believe that the Holy Spirit is a divine person Who is equal with God the Father and God the Son (Matthew 28:19; Romans 8:8-16; John 15:26). He was active in the creation (Genesis 1:1-2 & 1:26). He convicts, seals, endues, guides, teaches, witnesses, sanctifies and helps the believer (John 16:7-15; Ephesians 4:30). We receive the Holy Spirit instantaneously at salvation and He begins these ministries in us (Ephesians 1:12-14; 2 Corinthians 1:21-22).
- Substitutionary Atonement: We believe Christ died in the place of sinners
(1 Peter 3:18) in order to pay the debt owed by sinful man to a righteous God
(1 John 2:2).
- Bodily Resurrection of Christ: We believe Christ arose physically from the grave after three days (Luke 24:36-46; 1 Corinthians 15:1-4).
- Virgin Birth: We believe the coming of Christ “in the flesh” was predicted by
Isaiah and processed by the Virgin Birth (Isaiah 7:14 & 9:6). He was born of Mary alone (Matthew 1:16) and conceived of the Holy Spirit (Luke 1:35).
Baptist: Fellowship Bible Baptist Church believes in the truths which historically have separated Baptists from other denominations:
Bible as our sole authority of faith and practice (2 Peter 1:3; 2 Timothy 3:16-17)
Autonomy of the local church (Acts 6:1-6; Matthew 18:17)
Priesthood of all true believers (1 Peter 2:9)
Two offices: Pastor and Deacon (1 Timothy 3:1-15; Titus 1:6-9)
Individual accountability of the saints (Romans 14:12; 2 Corinthians 5:10)
Saved and baptized church membership (Ephesians 4:1-6)
Two ordinances: Baptism and The Lord’s Supper (Matthew 28:19-20; 1 Corinthians 11:23-34)